Saturday 17 March 2012

February, 2012 - WEST END ROATAN, HONDURAS

We motor-sail the entire way (2 1/2 days) from Puerto Morelos, Mx to Roatan, Honduras in very calm and settled conditions. 

Upon arrival we connect with friends Bon & Fran.  We have known them for over 30 years, but have not been face to face for about 20 years.  It was a great to re-connect with them again.  One thing for sure, it will not be as long before we get together again.

NOTE:  As a learning excercise I will be trying to identify the sea creatures I include in my posts.  This is a work in progress.  Please let me know if I make an error.  If I put ??? after the name I am unsure and would like your input.  Thx.

We set the staysail and triple reefed main and do not touch them for 2 1/2 days.

Sun rise.

Full moon lights our way at night.





Fran & Sandra grace the bow in West Bay, Roatan.



Bon & Fran, with Sandra in background.




Big Fish!




Spanish Hogfish or close relative.




Foureye Butterfly Fish

Stoplight Parrotfish




Harlequin Bass???

Great Barracuda



No comments: